This is a great opportunity for individuals, groups and businesses to shout about what makes the city great and why it deserves to win the title. With four cities still in the running, it’s important to make sure that Coventry’s voice comes through the loudest across an array of channels if it’s to be in with a chance of success.
Interested in getting involved? Here are a few ways you can join the chorus and back the bid on social media this Friday:
Follow @Coventry2021 on Twitter and Instagram, and like the Coventry City of Culture Facebook page
Starting at 9.30am on Friday 1 December, post as much content as you can about Coventry throughout the day, making sure to use #ThisisCoventry and tag @Coventry2021. Where appropriate, you can also use #UKCityofCulture2021 and tag @DCMS
- Try to keep the momentum up throughout the day. Coventry’s competitors have already trended nationally and it would be great to see Coventry do the same.
- Video content and pictures work really well – try recording messages of support and encouraging others to do the same.
- Pass the message on to everyone you know. If you’re at work, why not get your colleagues involved?
- If you’ve read articles or seen content about Coventry in the past that you’ve enjoyed, this is a great opportunity to share it again.
- If you can only spare a post or two, concentrate efforts between 1pm and 2pm, when the bid team is aiming for a complete social media takeover. Let’s get Coventry trending!
Not sure what to say in your post? Don’t worry – the bid team has also jotted down some ideas to help you get started.
- I am backing Coventry's bid to be #UKCityofCulture2021 because .... @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- Coventry needs to be #UKCityofCulture2021 because… @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- My favourite place in Coventry is … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- To me, culture in Coventry means … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- My most unforgettable moment in Coventry was … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- In 2021 I would like Coventry to be … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
Good luck to Coventry in its bid this month. We're backing the bid - are you?